Reach out to multiple vendors for a single request
Sometimes you want to talk to more than one vendor about a request. Maybe you want to get quotes, maybe you need to check availability. Or maybe the request just requires input from multiple people.
You can't assign a request to more than one vendor, but you can share it with as many vendors as you like. To do so:
- Navigate to the request you want to share.
- Click the "Send to vendor" button in the upper right.
- Choose a vendor to sent the request to. You can also create a new vendor by entering an email address.
- Tikkit will generate an email subject line for you, which you can edit.
- You don't have to include a message—the full request description wil be included in the email body—but if you want to include an additional note to the vendor, such as a request for a quote, you can do so.
- Send the request.
Sending the request to the vendor doesn't assign it to them. Rather, it allows the vendor to see the request details, and communicate with you via Tikkit. Communication can include attachments, such as quotes.
You can send the request to multiple vendors at the same time, and each will only be able to see his own discussion thread. Later, if you choose a vendor who will be responsible for the request, you can assign it as you normally would.