Create new occupant accounts and manage their settings
Staff users can easily create new occupant accounts, manage their locations settings, and remove or block occupants who no longer need access to the system. Use occupant groups to allow occupants to collaborate on requests.
You can also let occupants create their own accounts
Although staff can always create and manage occupant accounts directly, you can configure Tikkit so that occupants can set up their own accounts.
Occupant groups serve two purposes:
- They allow you to manage occupants more easily by setting up location access at the group level rather than managing it for each occupant individually.
- Occupants who are in the same group can see one another's requests when they log into Tikkit. This is handy in a number of situations. For example, if you have a corporate tenant with more than one office manager, they may need to track each other's outstanding requests.
To create a new occupant group:
- Go to People > Occupants, and click "New group."
- Give you new occupant group a name, such as "Acme Co." or "Accounting department."
- If you want the members of this group to be able to file requests for any location, choose "All locations" for location access.
- Alternatively, choose "Specific locations" and choose which locations to give members access to.
- You can optionally add members to the occupant group now, looking them up either by name or email address. You can also skip this step and add members later.
- Click "Save."
To manage existing occupant groups, go to People > Occupants > Groups, and click on the name of the group you want to manage. Make any desired changes and click "Save."
To archive existing occupant groups, go to People > Occupants > Groups, check the box next to the group you wish to archive, and click "Archive."
Adding or removing large numbers of occupants
Remember, it is much easier to add or remove large numbers of occupants from a group by editing the group directly, rather than editing each occupant individually.
Creating new occupants
To create a new occupant:
- Go to People > Occupants, and click "New occupant."
- The only required field is email address, although you can also specify occupant name and phone number.
- For location access, you have three choices:
- All locations. This option allows occupants to create requests for any location (including new ones you add in the future).
- Assign to group. This option assigns occupants to a group, so that location access can be managed at the group level.
- Specific locations. This option allows you to specify a list of locations that the occupant can file requests for.
- Click "Save."
As soon as you save a new occupant, a welcome email will be sent to the occupant's email address and the new account will be immediately active.
In addition to managing basic occupant settings, such as location access, you can manage the status of the occupant within Tikkit. Occupants exist in one of four states:
- Active. Active occupants can file new requests and manage existing requests using the occupant help center. When a staff member creates a new occupant, the account is immediately active.
- Pending. If you have configured Tikkit so that occupants can sign up for accounts themselves, you can also specify that all new accounts need staff approval. In such a case, new accounts created by occupants are put into a pending state until they are approved. Note that pending accounts can still file new requests, so that occupants can request help as soon as they sign up for an account, rather than having to wait for staff approval. But pending occupans can't log into the occupant help center to manage or submit new requests.
- Inactive. To turn off an occupant's access to the help center, make their account inactive. Inactive accounts can be re-activated later, either by staff of by occupants themselves, if they are allowed to sign up on the website.
- Blocked. Blocked occupants can't re-activate their accounts, even if occupants are allowed to sign up for account access on the website. Only staff can unblock accounts.
To manage occupant state, go to People > Occupants and click on the occupant you wish to manage. Use the toggle to find occupants based on current state. Once you click on an occupant, you can change state using the buttons in the "Quick actions" section at the top of the page.
Resending welcome emails
To resend a welcome email, go to People > Occupants and click on the occupant you wish to manage. Use the toggle to find occupants based on current state. Once you click on an occupant, click the "Resend welcome email" button in the "Quick actions" section at the top of the page.